How many diodes does it take to make a buzz box buzz like a buzz box should?   In this case 12.   It no longer has a loud buzz, but buzzes like a buzz box should. I declare success!

Jim,  You are undoubtedly right, however I figured balancing the readings is like balancing the injector nozzles on a good Diesel.   I took the 12 highest and closest between the new and old.

The reference I read said they should be .50 or above.  quibbling over .49 or .50, I agree is not significant.  My meter could be off by .01 easily.   It is off my 2-3 ohms on the ohmmeter setting, I know.

Jim Cathey <mailto:jim.cathey...@gmail.com>
November 23, 2019 at 11:01 AM

I don't think that kind of difference is generally significant. It's like weighing crowbars,
and quibbling about an ounce or two.

-- Jim