As a direct result of my cancer diagnosis in August, this year’s Thanksgiving
was all plant-based. That does not mean we had a tofu turkey, because that’s
dumb. We just had lots of vegetables and things. I made a cheese sauce from
cashews, potatoes, onions, and carrots and garlic that worked for making an
old-school tasting broccoli and rice casserole. Made a delicious vegan mushroom
gravy. All in all, everything was quite good.
Now when it came to desert, I tried the vegan pumpkin pie cheesecake and it was
OK. I did chase it with two pieces of regulation pumpkin pie just for good
measure.
My doctor in Houston told me that the closer idea adhere to these lifestyle
changes the better my results will be. And he also encouraged me to go out once
a month and eat the big, goddamn tomahawk steak medium rare if I get a
hankering. The key is not to prohibit yourself from having things like that
once in a great while but to, over all, stick hard to plant based.

Bob R

Sent from my iPhone