Hello Dieselers. As I mentioned a couple days ago, I’m considering a Sprinter
van to replace the 2017 Honda Odyssey as the family/K9 hauler. Our three Doodle
puppies are growing larger, and we are also having two more Goldendoodles
raised to be our next guide dogs. In just over a year, we will have 5 grown
dogs plus my wife’s Victory Doodle if he’s still around, and Ody is not going
to be quite big enough. I’m considering two Sprinter possibilities, a brand new
2019 V6 Diesel/7gTronic transmission (mid to upper $50K, or a 2016 4 cylinder
Diesel/7gTronic tranny ($36K. Both are 144”WB 12 passenger models. I would
believe that the in-line engine would be more reliable although a little less
powerful (161hp/266LbFt compared to the v6 with 188HP/320LB/Ft. It won’t be
towing much, maybe a trailer with SUP boards on it, sub 1000LB which the 4
banger could handle. Any opinions on this would be greatly appreciated!
Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
1982 240D, High Mileage Hildegard hoping for a much younger Mercedes van sibling

Sent from my iPhone