My father is reliving his misspent youth in our e420 with the 2.82 diff
this week and noticed the oil pressure is low at idle. It is only halfway
down the stick but I figured I would send him to get it changed. What oil
do you guys run in these v8s? I am thinking 10w40 due to the cool 50 degree
weather we are having, rather than 15-50 or whatever.

Valvoline instant oil change did not have a filter for it, so I sent him
driving around indy shops as my mechanic is not an "instant" kind of guy.
As far as I know he is still out there, dusting motorcycles at traffic
lights until the rear end breaks loose.