No, they came with a 2.24 in the US. 2.65 in Europe. The 500e came with a
2.82, but it starts in 2nd gear. The e420 starts in 1st gear due to the
tall 2.24 diff. Switch that to a 2.82 and you suddenly have a lot of wheel
torque 0-50 mph or so in 1st gear. Feels a bit like an electric car off the
line. Doesnt make much racket; just goes. 11:1 compression.

I have a 2.65 lsd in the wagon now. It will be fun to see if it is traction
limited with the new 606 turbo setup.