Haha yeah.  So I went and picked this thing up.  $450.  Loading it was a real experience with flat tires and blown struts and the front tires turned a bit, it has about 2" of ground clearance, but Billy (the seller, a really nice guy) helped me.  The front struts are blown, had a lot of epoxy gooped around the tops and one air line was disconnected.   Rears are collapsed too. There was another used strut under the car and some random exhaust bits and some other stuff, the dumbass PO was apparently working on it. "Ran when parked."  Billy said he was roaring around in it when he started working on it then for some reason took off to MN and got thrown in jail for some extended stay.  The engine bay is pretty clean, interior is pretty nice, body is straight but there are a few small rust bubbles here and there.  Front bumper fascia is off but in the car, looks like there was some sort of parking lot bumper altercation or something, maybe when the front collapsed. One wheel was the spare, two tires were flat, the AMG wheels are chromed and that is all corroded but they appear to be correct wheels so I guess they are worth something.  Couldn't get the trunk open, no key, battery dead.  The DPO's ex wife told Billy (who had it taking up space at the rent house the DPO took off from) there was a key in the car hidden somewhere, so I will dig around see if I can find it.  I found a youtuber vid to get the trunk open without a key or good battery so will try that.  No key, no title, "as is."  If nothing else an S55 set of bits are probably worth something or it could be an interesting project or donor for something interesting.  I suppose that engine would drop easily into a 210.

OH NO!!!! I HAS BEEN DECEIVED!!!!  It is a faux S55!  The VIN sticker on the trunk lid corresponds to a S430, perhaps sometime in the car's long and storied life someone rebadged it with S55 ebay badges.  Too funny.

But running the VIN does say it has AMG bits

772     AMG STYLING PACKAGE-FRONT SPOILER, SIDE SKIRT
774     SHELL MODIFICATION FOR AMG-WHEELS
792     AMG-WHEELS 8X18 SQUEEZE-IN DEPTH 31 235/40 (S210)

The exhaust looks like AMG stuff though, who knows.  Kleb can you run the VIN, WDBNG70J0YA090130 see what history might pop up? I'll have to look at the other VINs see what they say, maybe this was a replacement trunk or something.

*Brand*         MERCEDES-BENZ
*ManufacturerId*        553
*Catalog*       MB201810
*Model*         220.170
*Name*  S 430
*ImageUrl*
*Date*  16.11.1999
*Actual*
*Fin*   WDB2201701A090130
*Vin*   WDBNG70J0YA090130
*Market*        North America
*Lights*        BOSCH
*Description*   Sedan S Long United States
*VehicleClass*  Passanger
*Aggregates* M - engine: 113941 30 147605 113.941 M 113 E43 GASOLINE ENGINE GA - Automatic : 722632 01 857903 722.632 W 5 A 580 AT 5-SPEED

        S430/L (W220) (M113.941)

*Capacity*
4265.59cc | 260.30c In

        *Cyl*
V8

        *Bore*
89.900mm | 3.5394"

        *Stroke*
84.000mm | 3.3071"

        *Fuel*
Petrol

Do you think I can get my money back?

OK so maybe I can build a 430 hot rod...

--FT