What happens when you put the original thermostat on?

How many wire system was the old?    The new?   there are 2, 3, 4 and 5 wire systems.  You will have a 4 or 5 wire i'd guess, but one house may be 4 and the other 5.

dan--- via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 17, 2019 at 7:41 PM
New house.

“Goodman” single stage heat pump system with 10kW backup heat strips, very generic Emerson brand thermostat. All perfectly functional until today...

I swapped my 1st generation Nest thermostat over from my old house. Same type of system, only it’s a Trane.

Got everything wired as described, diagnostics on the Nest say all is good, I get no cold air. Compressor sounds like it’s running. Return line is not warm.

I spent 90 minutes on an online chat with a Nest person who was clearly *not* a first language English speaker. I’ll never get that time back...

I’m looking for ideas. Got my HVAC guy coming tomorrow at noon, but I sure would like to be able to sort this myself.

Thanks,

-D