From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Robert & Tara Ludwick
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2006 1:12 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Diesel Pickups

I love my old 92Ford 1 ton dually with the 7.3 IDI engine ( even though it
is in bad need of a set of rings ), but you couldn't give me one of the new
powerstrokes. Parts are insanely expensive and they just have too many
problems. Same with new GM diesels. If you can afford it, get a Dodge
Cummins. They cost more to buy, but less to keep.
If I could afford the swap right now , I'd drop a Cummins in mine.

James Jetton wrote:
> Listers,
> I am considering the purchase of a diesel truck and would appreciate any
and all recommendations/critiques/experiences on the Dodge, Ford, and
Chevy/GMC versions.  I am looking for one that is coming off lease or
roughly 3-4 years old.  I've heard good and bad on all three, but would
appreciate further input.  Thanks in advance.