THe companies have to rely on self important, self centered buttercups for employees.     "ok, Like, were sorry"  not because the buttercup represents the business, and apologized for the business, but because he is sorry for his own lazy a$$ because you called and disturbed his meditation about the joys of living under a stalinist regime.
dan--- via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 19, 2019 at 4:18 AM
As I get things sorted at the new house, I purchase new products, some quite substantial and/or expensive. I have expectations that these products be well designed and built, some of the criteria I use to make my purchase decision.

I’m questioning the competence of some major manufacturers after my recent experiences, for example:

1.) Kohler Cimmaron toilet - plumber son gets it all installed and ready to go, on,y to discover that the fill valve is defective and must be replaced. A call to my good friends at Kohler got a, “OK, like, we’re sorry, and we’ll send out a replacement in 8-10 days”

Yeah, not acceptable, folks. A very expressive conversation with the phone idiot about Herbert V. Kohler and “gracious living” (one of his “values” that’s engraved all over the company) and I git two day expedited shipping. And by the way, who pays for the plumber’s callback because of your incompetence?

2.) Bosch dishwasher - Got the old dishwasher out, the new Bosch ready to go in, but no sign of a drain hose. Look at the installation manual under “Parts provided with dishwasher - drain hose.” Nowhere to be found.

A call to Bosch yields a similar response. 5-7 days and we’ll have one to you. Nope, buddy, not acceptable. “If you call back in the morning between 8 and 12 Eastern time you can get one expedited in two days.” Yea, that’s what I’ll do.

Holy mother of pearl, what is wrong with these places?

Grr.

-D down one toilet and no dishwasher