I have done so many searches for property in North Carolina Google thinks
that is where I am ...

Since duckduckgo.com is abandoning TLS 1, which is what my ancient
Seamonkey uses, I did a Google search for a site (which turned up a
negative result even though I was looking at the thing for which I
searched). I noticed at the bottom of the results page a line which
said,

    North Wilkesboro, North Carolina - From your Internet address - Use
    precise location - Learn more

Clicking on "Learn more" took me to:

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/179386?p=ws_settings_location&hl=en

On that page, I saw,

    If you’re using a browser, like Chrome or Safari, you can see your
    location and update it directly from a search results page.

Which is what I had experienced with the search I did.

The interesting part of the page, to me, at least, is

    Stop sharing your location

    You can stop sharing your location with Google by changing your
    settings, but Google may still suggest a location based on your IP
    address, recent locations, or Location History . If you don’t want
    any location history shared, see your Google Maps Timeline.

The phrase "Google Maps Timeline" is a link, so I clicked on it, which
took me to:

    https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6258979

There is other interesting stuff on that page (like Web & App Activity),
but I noticed,

    Google Maps Timeline

    You can view and manage your Location History information through
    Google Maps Timeline, which is available to both mobile and desktop
    users. In Timeline, you can edit specific entries from your Location
    History, delete information from ranges in time or delete all of your
    Location History data. Your Timeline is private, so only you can see
    it.

    If you have other settings like Web & App Activity turned on and you
    pause Location History or delete location data from Location History,
    you may still have location data saved in your Google Account as part
    of your use of other Google sites, apps, and services. For example,
    location data may be saved as part of activity on Search and Google
    Maps when your Web & App Activity setting is on, and included in your
    photos, depending on your camera app settings.

So, if you allow it, I presume, Google can track where you have been in
addition to where you are.

Now if we could just trust them ...

Craig