Don't forget the new hoses in the trunk ;-)

On 12/20/2019 1:27 PM, Curley McLain via Mercedes wrote:
Karl or others:

Since Karl has recently done this, I think he has most of the answers.

 I am fixin ta take out the rear subframe of the 124 2.5.   As I recall, I have to take out the exhaust, driveshaft rear flex, sway bar links, shocks, brake calipers, ABS Sensor in Diff., parking brake cables, and of course, the 4 main subframe bolts.  Am I missing anything?

As I recall, the diff has 2 big bolts at the back (10mm allen I think) and 2 smaller bolts at the front.   I think these are all into the subframe.  Is that right?

What is the best way to lower the unit?   I hope I can balance it on the floor jack while I roll it out from under.

More important, what is the best way to raise the subframe  back up into position?  Will I need stacks of blocks or an extra person to help balance it on the jack as it goes up?

Need to replace the rear brake lines, brake hoses, possibly calipers, Rt wheel bearing, parking brake cables,  weld up some rusted holes in the body, patch others, derust, clean and paint subframe, and probably replace the links.   May need to replace the park brake shoes while there.   (YUK)

It has no antislip, so single brake line to the rear, and a T.   I only need to replace the lines from the T out, and the hoses.