Ubiquiti stuff is all motion triggered with alerts that go to your cell
phone if desired. The app to review events is very slick and works on a
smartphone. It all updates firmware regularly and just gets better and
better. I have 6 cameras, all POE. The switch fan is noisy, but it is in
its own closet anyway. Notifies my phone if any of the cameras go down for
updates or other reasons, and when they come up again. Yada yada. Their
latest stuff is 4k. It is definitely more expensive but the user experience
is light years ahead of the Revo setup I had at the old house and it seems
pretty reliable so far.