> Dan wrote:

> Looking at what I might do for security cameras at the new
> ranch. At the former house, I had some really basic DLink IP
> cameras with power run to each,

Ugh!  At least use one power supply for all and run power cables
to each.

> I’m looking at POE (power over Ethernet) cameras

Good plan.

I recommend ubiquiti cameras.  And pretty much any of their
network gear.

> Just wondering if anyone else has been down this road and what
> their experience was…

POE is quite convenient, works well, and is pretty straight
forward.  As long as the switch can supply enough power for all
the cameras, all is good.  Be sure to note the total power budget,
not just the available power per port.