The fools in Alaska are getting heavy into wind and solar.  Recent story about
how one utility is making a giant investment in TESLA batteries to take over
the short load bumps from their NG plant.  CO2 reduction and all.  Stupidity of
an extreme degree, given that the state does not have a linked grid.  Almost
all the power is produced in isolated cells, so when your plant goes down, you
are SOL.  Even the patched together grid from Fairbanks to the Kenia peninsula
is a mash up of six separate utilities with their own fiefdoms charging each
other carrier fees.  Hard to get your “cheap” wind power anywhere when, by the
time it gets where it is needed, the cost has quintupled with all the fees.

AK is a place that could benefit from micro nuke plants.  I think there was
interest in Toshiba closet nukes

clay