I don't know if there is a peer-reviewed article which addresses the
point at which solar electric installations require more CO2 generation
than they elimate, but there are many peer-reviewd articles which say
CO2 is not a problem:

1) Thru 2014
http://www.populartechnology.net/2009/10/peer-reviewed-papers-supporting.html
                                                                 = 1350±
2) 2015 https://notrickszone.com/250-skeptic-papers-from-2015/   = 280±
3) 2016 https://notrickszone.com/skeptic-papers-2016/            = 500±
4) 2017
<https://notrickszone.com/2018/01/04/485-scientific-papers-published-in-2017-support-a-skeptical-position-on-climate-alarm/
                                                               > = 485±
5) 2018
<https://notrickszone.com/2019/01/03/consensus-500-scientific-papers-published-in-2018-support-a-skeptical-position-on-climate-alarm/
                                                               > = 500±
6) 2019
https://notrickszone.com/2019/06/17/consensus-200-new-2019-papers-support-a-skeptical-position-on-climate-alarmism/
                                                     (thru June) = 200±

              TOTAL of AGW skeptical peer-reviewed papers ~ 3300!

As the fellow who set up my other email list said (with a few edits to
remove the name of the one person to whom it was directed),

    The sad thing about such compilations is that quantity makes no
    difference whatsoever.  When Albert Einstein's critics published
    a book titled "One Hundred Against Einstein," he famously replied
    "Why one hundred?  One man can prove me wrong!"

    Just as "Peer-Review" provides no more than an evaluation by two
    or three colleagues that a paper may be worthy of publication, so
    a collection of papers provides a compendium of guesses that more
    likely than not support a prevailing paradigm.

    On the other hand, a paper that breaks new ground may not find any
    supporters, even if it is brilliant work.  Such was the case with
    one of my professors at the University of Chicago who submitted a
    paper to the Astrophysical Journal in the 1950s, hypothesizing a
    "solar wind".  All referees rejected it.  (We called them "referees"
    in those days, because their job was merely to advise the editor of
    the journal and not to certify correctness, as those who insist on
    peer review believe.) Fortunately the editor, Subrahmanyan
    Chandrasekhar, recognized the value of Eugene Parker's work and
    published his paper.  By the mindset of those who insist on peer
    review, the paper was rubbish, because it had no support among
    Parker's peers.

    That paper was, however, one of the triumphs of solar system physics,
    spelling out the existence and characteristics of the now well known
    supersonic plasma called the solar wind.  But how do we know that
    Professor Parker was correct?  Did we count the number of subsequent
    "peer-reviewed" papers that agreed with Parker and compare those with
    the number that disagreed?  Heavens no!  We built space probes to get
    beyond the Earth's magnetosphere and look for the solar wind and the
    spiral solar magnetic field carried by it.  The probes found a solar
    wind that was precisely what Parker had predicted.

    That should tell those who insist on peer review as the criterion for
    validity that logic and evidence form the basis of real science, not
    consensus thinking, disguised as "Peer-Review".

    Parker went on to become a distinguished professor at the University
    of Chicago, as did Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar.  At age 92, Parker is
    still alive and recently witnessed the NASA launch of the "Parker
    Probe" to study the origins of the solar wind near the surface of the
    Sun. Chandra won a Nobel Prize in Physics in 1983 but is now long
    gone. Both men had offices a few doors from mine at the Laboratory
    for Astrophysics and Space Research.

    The days of such hugely competent science are obviously long gone.
    Science has become a political and economic exercise that chases
    massive government largesse, attacks any who criticize, and cares
    very little to nothing about the truth.

Also,

    Dear John,

    Yes, it is often worthwhile to try to show those who are headed
    down the wrong path where it will lead them.  But those who are
    members of the Climate Cult are part of a larger political/religious
    movement that considers ALL arguments as one way streets.  They
    never allow them to be reversed against them.

    They are involved in a logic that sounds strange to us, because it
    starts with the premise that they are correct and refers all
    counter-arguments to point number one: they are right.  And what is
    remarkable is that they see absolutely nothing wrong with that!
    This was certainly the mindset prior to the Age of Enlightenment,
    the Age of Reason, and the Age of Science.  Today's "intellectuals"
    have reverted to an earlier era where politics and religion
    determined everything. Period.

    They are perfectly happy as members of the Inquisition.  When they
    are combating us, they are combating heresy.

Something which is worthwhile for everyone on this Mercedes List to view
is the comments by Nobel Laureate Richard Feynman on the scientific
method.

If you go to http://www.richardfeynman.com/, "The Official Site of Richard
Feynman", you will be asked to download "Feynman on Scientific Method.mp4"
(at least it works that way on my antiquated browser).

Download it and view it.

One of Feynman's quotes is,

         The first principle is that you must not fool yourself,
         and you are the easiest person to fool.

Craig