You are recognizing his contribution to the rational measurement of
temperature, just like we recognize Diesel for the fuel we prefer, Farads
for capacitance, Ohms for resistance, Hertz for frequency instead of cps,
etc. ---

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 12:21 PM Curley McLain via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Centigrade is a more accurate name for it.  Cent=100     grade = root
> for gradient => scale.     Centigrade means 100 gradients between
> freezing and boiling, or where liquid water changes to solid and where
> liquid water becomes gaseous.
>
> Celcius makes no sense.  I owe nothing to that swede, whoever he was.
>
> > fmiser via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> > December 31, 2019 at 12:12 AM

> >> Craig wrote:
> >>
> >> Why do you quote the temperatures in Centigrade and not
> >> Fahrenheit?
> > Maybe because he is a sensible fellow and recognizes a good idea
> > when he sees it?
> >
> > And the currently correct name is "Celsius", named after the
> > Swedish astronomer Anders Celsius who developed a similar
> > temperature scale in the 1700s

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

for themselves."