The solid flanges that slide on the pipe holding the flared pipe ends together
rusted away. The pipes themselves were in tact because they are stainless. This
joint which was designed to be undone is now welded together with a short
length of pipe slid onto and into the respective original exhaust pipe ends and
then welded all around.

Sent from my iPhone