On Sun, 5 Jan 2020 10:45:45 -0600 Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I found info on the windows 7 update error which walked me thru
> stopping serviced renaming some files, doing some other command prompt
> items then restarting. It’s now checking for updates. It’s possible no
> updates have been running on this machine for a while.

There was an update last year (I don't recall when) which required you to
do it then or you would not get future updates.

I don't know why M$ makes it so hard to keep a computer updated. There
should be a limited number of software configurations for a properly
updated, running computer, but they seem to want to start from scratch
every time.

Craig