I have not been able to make the upgrade work either. I have been trying to do it on a laptop that really has no data etc that I would be concerned about.

It appears to work to begin but then hangs up when it is trying to download the updates at 46%. I have tried a number of remedies that are claimed to work but none of them appear to do so.

I am essentially frustrated with Microsoft once again. I have toyed with the idea of moving to Ubuntu for a long while but never have. Now seems like a good time to put it on this laptop and try it out.

I may be stuck with Windows on my office computer as there are a couple of programs that I use that pretty much require it but apart from that the office could no doubt go to linux as well.

Randy