On the old AC loader we had, I took off the intake hose and had a gander inside.   It was not much different from a block heater, only it glowed like an electric stove element on High.

probably 20-30 amps.   If the relay is 30A, then probably the heater is 20A

Curt Raymond via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 9, 2020 at 9:38 AM
Anybody care to make a wild guess at the current draw for the intake heater on the ASV?I've been displeased with the coldstart-ability of the ASV for some time now and one of the things I've been considering is the intake heater. Its aftermarket to the engine, installed by ASV but I'm pretty sure the wiring to it now was done by somebody else later on.Its controlled by a button in the cab which runs to a Hella 4RA 003 510-51 relay which my googling suggests is a 30a relay. The wiring to it is 10 or 12ga, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure its too small for 30a anyway. Its also worth noting that there is no feedback (ie a light) from the heater at all, you push the button and hope something is happening. IIRC the way to test this would be to look at the voltage on the heater since I don't have an amp gauge capable of testing more than 10a and clamp on DC is unreliable. Thoughts? I should probably take the intake apart and see if the thing heats up at all...
-Curt