> I reckon you mean:
> https://www.harborfreight.com/cm610a-600a-t-rms-acdc-clamp-meter-64015.html
> <https://www.harborfreight.com/cm610a-600a-t-rms-acdc-clamp-meter-64015.html>
That's the one I looked at.  The reviews were complimentary.

> I have found clamp on DC meters to be finicky for small current.

Well, trying to measure 10mA with a meter designed to measure 400A
is never going to be ultra reliable.  Courses for horses, as they say, and
I have a small-jaw clamp-on DC ammeter for that kind of thing.  It's rated
at 60A max, and is labeled a mA current clamp.  The jaw opening is
something like 1/4".

But you can also loop the wire through the jaw more than once, and thus
multiply the magnetic field by the looping factor.  You just divide the number
it's reading by X to get a more accurate answer.

In a car, even a small dome light is 1A or so, and my 400A Fluke is just fine.

-- Jim