Hello listers. I’ve spent about 5 hours working on this tired 240D. It has oil
leaking from the rear main seal, and the valve cover and oil separator have
been blowing oil all over the engine! I did replace the VC gasket when I did
the valve adjustment. The major situation is that the passenger’s side engine
mount outer bolt can’t be taken out. I thought I had the wrong angle, but I was
able to hit it straight on with the u-joint extension and still no go. I
decided to get a closer “LOOK” at the bolt and discovered that there’s a tip of
an Allen wrench stuck inside the bolt, and it’s too tall to get another bit in
there to spin it out. All of the remaining three bolts came out, but they are
practically stripped. Is there any way to easily extract the bolt with the
broken hex inside?
On another note, I was feeling around the crossmember for a bolt that I had
dropped when I found a piece of rubber hanging off the Driver’s LCA. The
bushing is SHOT!! Can this be replaced without removing it from the car? I’m
not sure if I want to sort out all of the problems with this car.
Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
2019 Sprinter 330 miles, Low Mileage Lutgard AKA Der Doodlewagen
1982 240D, High Mileage Hildegard

Sent from my iPhone