Today on my way to work, there was a significant reduction in the number of
trucks pulling shipping containers.  The Port of Charleston is one of the
largest on the East Coast of the US.

During the big crash in 2000, I noted that this traffic dropped of
significantly a week or so before the stock market tanked.

Perhaps today's reduction is due to the high winds and the bridges these
trucks have to cross, and a big portion of the drivers are staying off the
road for safety reasons.

I'm probably going to pull back today, sell off some of my index funds and
park that money in cash, maybe buy some GLD (a gold index).  Nothing
radical, maybe 5% or 10%.  If the drop in shipping container traffic
continues into next week, I'll probably sell off more.