This is weird, I took a snap of the VIN plate, it was raining yesterday so I didn't look at it too closely.  Turns out it is a 97 not a 99 and not a turbo.  I must admit in the rain I did not look too closely, just to see that the intake manifold and such was off and there was work on the injection pump.  Thinking about it I don't think it had a turbo and it didn't register on me at the time.  I guess the 606.912 is NA.

I went to send the guy a msg and our message thread was deleted off my phone from Messenger.  Weird.  I wonder if he deleted it. The posting has been deleted too,  maybe someone came and got it yesterday or since he has these offers he just deleted it.

Oh well, not sure I want a non-turbo, I guess I could swap the turbo engine into it easy enough but not worth fooling with as I have this other $500E300 here I need to swap the relays into and get it running.  The injection pump would not work on it from what I can tell.

So that's a no-go

Parameter       Value
Ident. number (FIN)     WDB2100201J033432
VIN     WDBJF20F1VJ033432
Baumuster       210020
Sales name      E300D
Permanent link https://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/mercedes/vin_check?su=a_n751ga01_p
Order number    0 7 704 13004 (Destination: USA)
Delivery date   06 09 1996
PAINT1  366 No code designation available
Interior color  205A LEATHER MUSHROOM/QUARTZ/PEBBLE
Engine  606912 12 014906
Gearbox         722600 00 106518

--FT