> > ROGER HALE wrote:
> > According to the CDC for 2018, the USA had 14.9 flu deaths per 100,000
> > population. The 2017-2018 flu season was severe for all populations
> > and resulted in an estimated 959,000 hospitalizations and 61,099
> > deaths. I seriously doubt that the Corona Beer virus will come close
> > to these numbers. BUT, it will result in a higher national debt, more
> > people making money from speaking about it, and other means of scaring
> > the pubic. And if FL drops off and goes South, it will most likely be
> > because the plates moved and FL is going home to Africa.
> > Stop worrying...be safe, stay alive, and get on with your lives.
> > Best Wishes,
> > Roger
Gerry wrote:
Nothing like that is going to happen to Florida, Roger. Our politicians are
already working on a plan to save South Florida since tidal waters are already
coming up into the swimming pools of Miami. It's the same problem Manhattan
Island (NYC) had in 1824, and we will solve it the same way it was solved back
then:
In 1824, the population on Manhattan Island was approximately 150,000 people.
Centre Market, an area at the junction of Baxter, Grand, and Centre Street, was
where the townspeople congregated daily, to buy and sell goods, and to shoot
the breeze about anything, and everything, that had an impact on their lives.
The most vocal person who came to Centre Market daily, was a charismatic man
named Lozier. Lozier had traveled the world, and was considered to possess the
highest intellectual capacity. When Lozier spoke, people listened. Lozier, a
carpenter by trade, was pals with a man with the dubious name of Uncle John
Devoe. That's right, Uncle John.

In early 1824, for some unexplained reason, Lozier remained absent from his
bench in Centre Market for several days. When he returned, the usually
loquacious Lozier was suddenly, and inexplicably, mute. He spoke to no one
except Uncle John Devoe. The rest of the people, who congregated daily at
Centre Market, were curious as to why Lozier's temperament had changed so
dramatically.

Finally, Lozier broke down, and told the assemblage that for the past few weeks
he had been huddled with the mayor of New York City, Stephen Allen. The reason
for those serious discussions was that Manhattan Island, as a result of the
many large downtown buildings, was so heavy at the Battery end, the south-most
point of the island was in danger of breaking off, and falling into the water.

Some doubted Lozier's conclusions. So he led them to the middle of Centre
Street, and asked them to look for themselves. It was obvious that the street
was tilted extremely downhill, as Lozier pointed out to them, "from all the
weight of the south-most buildings."

The crowd was aghast. "What can we do?" they implored Lozier.

Lozier said not to worry. He and the Mayor had come to the conclusion that the
only way they could save the southern end of Manhattan Island, was to cut off
the island at its North end, in the Kingsbridge region, and turn the island
around. Then the would anchor the sagging end to the north mainland...snip

https://able2know.org/topic/11513-1