Home despot, lows and HF all want $5-7 for plastic bucket with a lid now.   The sad thing is that they will collapse with vacuum.   I can get Brill icing buckets form the grocery bakery for the price of washing them out.

I like the idea of using a 20 lb propane tank.   the dumps are littered with them.  SHould be able to find one for free.   Most refrigerant tanks are pretty small for a Diesel.  I like my 3 gal fire extinguisher.  It never gets more than half full, and there is lots of headspace so pil does not get sucked into vacuum source.   A 30 or 40 lb propane tank would make a nice one, but they would be heavy.
Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
March 7, 2020 at 2:55 PM
If you get an old tank of some kind (refrigerant or propane or something similar) a hose barb and a few feet of rigid plastic tubing are $5 if that.  Shop vac you have.

--FT