No, I agree, it's not a fair comparison.  Just my observations when I feel
like all I hear is that "oh, we don't need anything other than RWD, it gets
through anything."
Heck, I'm still hearing it now...  I'd love to drive a 300D and a "good" fwd
car both with Blizzaks on and see how they compare.  Or against the Sube
with "good" all season tires.  I know the Blizzaks make a big difference,
but I just can't see them making the physical differences you're
describing.
Or perhaps it's all just a matter of personal taste as to which is
preferable...

Levi (: