I had a nice side business years ago buying and selling electromechanical pins.
I’ve often had a couple around the house for entertainment, but like cars, the
darned younger people with more money than brains have driven the values up,
even for the old EM machines, to the point where they’re often unaffordable.
That’s caused a bunch of opportunists to come out of the woodwork to buy these
things up at any price to clean up (“shop”) and resell to these people.

Go look on your local CL under “pinball” and see how many listings there are by
people who will pay “top dollar” for your old pinball game.

This is a nice Williams single player “Klondike” machine:

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1388&picno=66466

Needs to be shopped and some minor electrical repairs. Most likely just a good
cleaning. Single player games are not typically as desirable as multi player
games for the obvious reason, so they often command less money. I’m getting
this one for $450 and once shopped and working 100% it’s probably worth around
$800-$1000, maybe more. I’ll disassemble the play field, relamp everything and
install new rubbers. That will cost maybe $75-$100 in parts. Everything else is
labor.

-D