I think the weird knobs are there to ensure you need to buy new equipment more
often...
-Curt

    On Friday, March 27, 2020, 1:04:32 AM EDT, fmiser via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 > Floyd wrote:

> Actually two.  I have these 3 Stihl things, a chainsaw, a string
> trimmer, and a blower.  They are constantly out of "tune" with
> the mixtures.

> Anyway, in short order I got them both running fine after being
> frustrated with the things pretty much forever.

> Yay me, although I am probably now a federal (or at least in
> Kollyfawnya) felon for adjusting the carburetors on these tools.

Yup.  Ironic that by adjusting them you _decreased_ the emissions
- the very thing those goofy caps were supposed to insure, yet you
had to bypass or remove them