> Greg wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that 1 lb. of grain yields 1 lb. of flour.

Yup.  But I think Dan is asking for a volume measure.  Cups or
liters or other such measure.

I don't have a scale, but from what I understand, mass measure is
SO much more accurate and repeatable than volume measure -
especially for flour.

> Because whole grains have less gluten, I add gluten to my
> recipe.

Whole grains can have just as much.  But the source has to be a
high gluten wheat berry!  Hard white wheat is my preference for
bread.

> It's worth it for me because I can't find real whole grain bread
> with a significant portion of rye commercially, and certainly
> none that are as fresh and as good as what I make.

Rye has almost no gluten.  So if the rye is a significant portion
of your flour even a really high gluten wheat may not be enough.
So then adding gluten makes sense.