I got the new caliper and front pads on the 560SEC last evening and drove it a
bit to bed them in, all was well once I poured in some tranny fluid but I
noticed the temp gauge was inop and the speedo too. I was degreasing the engine
a bit and might have knocked a wire loose or something.

Anyone know offhand where the sender is on the engine?  I’m too lazy to dig
into the CD to look it up.

I should take a look at the speedo cable too I guess. And the instrument
cluster looks all moldy inside, I guess I should pull it and clean it sometime.

I think I’m going to borrow a buddy’s powerwasher and blast it underneath and
whatever I can get on the engine that won’t mess up the ignition bits and
whatever other electrical stuff. It’s pretty grungy. I should be able to see
various leaks then and tend to them.

The car is entertaining, certainly nothing particularly car show quality.

--FT
Sent from iPhone