On Sun, April 12, 2020 11:00 am, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
> Roughly 22 minutes of programming for every 30 minutes of air time.

About 15 years ago I had about 95% of M*A*S*H recorded off the air on VHS.
Somewhere in the middle of doing that, I realized the plot was there but a
lot of the gags were missing. Like one episode where somebody put soot in
the eyecups of Col Potter's binoculars and turned him into a racoon. I'm
watching the ending credits, see Potter and O'Reilly in the jeep with
Potter's black eyes, and realized that scene didn't exist in the show I'd
recorded, but I remembered it from the first time I saw it in the 1970s.

Then my parents started giving me M*A*S*H DVDs for presents, and I noticed
my tapes were 22+ minutes long while the DVDs were 25+ minutes. So in 30
years, commercials had increased from about 5 1/2 minutes to 8 1/2
minutes.