To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Diesel Pickups

Hello Jim,

I seem to remember hearing about with the newer Duramax trucks and some "chip" manufacturers claiming that you could bring the truck for low 20's to high 20's. I don't know how it would work but I guess that it could change fuel delivery and timing and reduce horsepower by a considerable margin to deliver better efficiency.

It is probably sold in the snake-oil counter of your local FLAPS. :)

Todd Smith '85 300CD 248K

[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jim Cathey
I have only heard of 'chipping' in conjunction with getting
more power, never for better economy.  Seems to me that if it
were that easy to get better mileage the maker would have already
done it.  (Versus trading off engine longevity for increased
power.)