To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, April 30, 2006 12:02 AM
Subject: [MBZ] Clutch vibration

Quick question: Can moisture cause the clutch to vibrate, or jump a bit when taking off from a stop? This is the first time I've felt that in my 240, and
I theorized that it is because it has been raining all day, and been moist
for longer than that. Note: there is no cover over the flywheel. It's
missing.

For that matter: Is it a problem not to have this cover on? I have heard
that it may actually extend the life of the clutch by means of improved
cooling. I recognize that in the winter (not that I drive it in the winter), snow, ice and salt/sand could get in there, and I imagine that could be bad.

Brian
83 240D