Craig, I'm looking for a solution, best so far is maybe my freezer is too cold.
 However, one grocery store freezer was at -40, so I'm sceptical that is the
issue, and I'm not sure that setting our freezer at 10 to 15 deg F will be
acceptable to SWMBO.

I guess I will have to RTFM (instructions on ice cream container) or maybe
contact the maker.  Then I will be the list expert on frozen desserts.

Max Dillon
Charleston SC