Hydro boost is orders of magnitude better than vacuum boost. Applied brake
pressures with hydro boost is much higher than peddle feel.

I had one failure with the system when the brake master cylinder started
leaking, brake fluid corss contaminated the hydroboost unit the power
steering pump, and the power steering box.
I discovered I had an issue in the loaded F450 [1 ton power stroke Ford] in
rush hour traffic, when the lower seal of the power steering box blew out
of the housing from swelling due to brake fluid... lost all the power
steering fluid, brakes, and steering in about 1 block and one stop light...
exciting moments...
Lesson learned there was to keep a watch on master cylinder condition,
always.