> Kaleb wrote:

> I got the cheapest per bulb I could find

> the highest I found were 60W equivalent.

<rant>

[strong expletives obscured] "Watt equivalent"!!!!

Use Lumens.

Lumen is a measure of the total light output with no regard to
direction or distance to illuminated surface.

"Watt equivalent" is whatever the marketing folks want it to be.
I've seen anything from 450 to 800 L for a 60 "Watt equivalent".

</rant>

600-700 L is probably about what you expect.  And with lumens, it
doesn't matter if the light is from incandescent, halogen, LED,
CFL, fusion, carbon-arc, acetylene gas, or lightning bugs.

> I ended up spending way more than I wanted to between the
>fixtures and the various bulbs we
> needed for the house.

If you are willing to support the communists in China, Dollar Tree
has 8 W, 800 L ones. (for $1).  I opened up the first one I got
and it uses a simple, rugged, and low-heat current limiter.  So I
bought a few more.  I _REALLY_ don't like supporting the enemy,
but I also really don't like spending money on poorly designed
lamps.

For the garage, I used to look for at least 1000 L for the 75 W
incandescent lamps I used in there.  I'm still looking for a well
built, non-expensive LED with 1000 to 1200 L output.