I have the springs for sunroof cars for $159.00 each

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of L. Mark Finch
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 8:04 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] spring time

I heard and felt a clunk in the right front while I was driving my
1982 300D today. It still steered and rode OK but it did rattle when
I ran over bumps, so I took it pretty easy on the way home. A little
while ago I stuck a trouble light under the car to see what I could
see, which was this:

http://katzenfinch.com/spring/spring1.jpg

http://katzenfinch.com/spring/spring2.jpg

I did back away slowly after I got a good look at what the problem
appears to be, and came back inside to price coil springs. Rusty has
what seems to me to be a decent price on them, but they're marked
"NOTE: Front without sunroof" -- a bummer, since my car has a
sunroof. Out of curiosity, how do the coil springs differ between
cars with and without sunroofs?

I have no plans to tackle this repair on my own, but would be
interested in any theories as to what the hell happened.

--mf