Really? Ugh...
I was listening to the "Retro Computing Round Table" last night. This topic
came up and they espoused that its not the systems themselves being bad that's
the problem its that the people tasked with maintaining them were laid off
years ago. Those systems have run for decades basically untouched.They also
suggested that COBOL will be around for decades into the future, "COBOL will
outlive all of us."
-Curt

    On Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 11:05:00 AM EDT, fmiser via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 > Curt wrote:

>  Are you going to get a job working in COBOL for the state of
> New Jersey? ;) -Curt

They only wanted folks who would work for free.  I checked.