How many mini splits would I need to install to semi cool a 40x60 with 16ft(?) ceilings that is insulated?  If installing a mini split in a specific area or a couple of specific areas that would not cool the entire shop, what area of air blowing out of it would you expect it might cover, as in, how large or a work area might I have that catches a breeze?

On 6/30/2020 5:27 PM, Max Dillon via Mercedes wrote:
I've only had a couple experiences with those, and by the time you deal with 
getting proper power to them (220 v 30 amp in my case) and then getting the 
exhaust ducted and the water drain installed, you're most of the way to 
installing an AC system.

Might be nice to wheel it around to blow cold air in your work location, might 
save some electricity, but I think you'd be happier to just install a heat pump 
and be done with it.

Install a mini-split, assemble your lift so it blows right in that area, get to 
work.

Max Dillon
Charleston SC

Jun 30, 2020 1:29:10 PM Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <[email protected]>:

Out in my huge shop I have thought about installing a 5 ton unit at some point 
that will be able to keep the shop semi cool for the few hours a week I am out 
there. I will probably never get around to that so thought about one of those 
portable AC units that has a hose out the back for exhaust. Would one of those 
work for local cooling in the shop to blow on me and the area I am working? 
Would not expect it to cool the whole shop of course was just thinking more 
along the lines of a shop fan with cold air.

Sent from my iPhone

_______________________________________
http://www.okiebenz.com

To search list archives http://www.okiebenz.com/archive/

To Unsubscribe or change delivery options go to:
http://mail.okiebenz.com/mailman/listinfo/mercedes_okiebenz.com

_______________________________________
http://www.okiebenz.com

To search list archives http://www.okiebenz.com/archive/

To Unsubscribe or change delivery options go to:
http://mail.okiebenz.com/mailman/listinfo/mercedes_okiebenz.com


_______________________________________
http://www.okiebenz.com

To search list archives http://www.okiebenz.com/archive/

To Unsubscribe or change delivery options go to:
http://mail.okiebenz.com/mailman/listinfo/mercedes_okiebenz.com

Reply via email to