> Kaleb wrote:

> The one that came with the MC was much shorter than the MB one
> that came off the car so I stuck the one that came with the MC
> back in.  I had a hell of a time compressing it to get it back
> to the bolt hole.  Finally got it, screwed it back down and now
> the clutch works!

If the master cylinder piston doesn't go ALL the way to the top,
the port where fluid gets in from the reservoir will be covered
and no fluid will ever get in to deal with clutch wear or leaks.

It might take compressing the piston a bit to get it all in there,
but the rod should not be tight - ie, it should not be pushing the
piston in at all.