For your ISP, yes. However, the VPN provider can log your traffic (and many
do), so if there’s an issue Johnny Law could subpoena the VPN provider’s logs
to see what you were connecting to.

Your ISP sees the VPN session and can see your ingress point, the VPN
provider’s IP address, that is.

I use a VPN primarily to give my ISP the finger over seeing my traffic and
selling the data. Between that and using tools like Ghostery and adblockers I
rarely get stuff related to my Internet wanderings. I also use DuckDuckGo for
my searches.

-D