Hi All,
   Yesterday I replaced the transmission filter and fluid on my 2004 MB E320
4matic w/90K.  I know Mercedes decided not to equip my car with either a
transmission or oil dipstick..........why??????
  Any suggestions on what aftermarket dipsticks to purchase and a procedure for
using.  I carefully drained and measured the fluid (approximately 4 quarts) and
replaced it with the exact amount.  Now that the filter is changed I will use a
Mityvac to extract and replace fluid from the top a couple of more times since
only a portion can be drained through the pan.
  I would be more comfortable with an alternate method to check the accuracy of
both oil and transmission fluids.
Thanks In advance.
Bob K