I've started making adjustments to my Stoeger, I'm consistently overshooting
so I'm starting with a small washer between the recoil pad and the top screw
that holds it. If that helps I'll invest in a pad spacer. I seem to shoot
pretty straight but high and it pounds my cheek a little which is actually a
symptom of the same problem. I'm probably shoving my face into the stock too
much which is whats making it hit me, a little down angle might help. That at
least has a wooden stock which is easier to adjust.
For the hunting gun I also wanted the option of 3.5" shells. Steel is less
dense than lead so you end up using larger shot sizes which decreases pellet
count. I'm not a huge fan of 3.5" shells, they recoil bad but my shooting buddy
has a 3.5" gun so I want us to be able to share ammo in a pinch.

Interestingly nobody at clays yesterday had an autoloader. It was all O/U
except for one guy with a side by side 16ga. 16 is pretty unusual but one guy
in my squad had a 28...
-Curt

    On Monday, August 3, 2020, 6:03:27 PM EDT, Dan Penoff via Mercedes