From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Dan Penoff
via Mercedes
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2020 4:19 PM
To: Mercedes List
Cc: Dan Penoff
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Gun fun

I’ve never paid a lot of attention, but it seems that the hard core guys that
come out every weekend with their own golf carts and shooting vests and such
all use O/Us. I got grouped with a guy at a fundraising shoot last year that
was trashing everyone who didn’t have a Beretta. He made fun of my “import gun”
even though he had never heard of Lanber (very well known in Europe and Down
Under despite being out of business now). As most shooters would do, I offered
to let him shoot it, but he refused and started in with the “nothing but a
Beretta” crap while everyone rolled their eyes.

We all shot better than this guy. He was pretty quiet by the time we got to the
last stand. It was clear he was a hack, as his stance, pull and other aspects
of his form were all out of kilter. One of the other guys in our group offered
in a very diplomatic manner to give him some pointers but the guy blew him off.

My former boss was the guy with the Mossberg and my shooting coach. He’s still
shooting well with that gun, and has no desire to buy anything else. The idea
that the more expensive a gun is makes you a better shooter will never offset
poor technique or fit.

-D