I want to install a solar powered security lantern somewhere on the side of
the yard that receives enough sunlight to fully charge the batteries and
maximize the time the lantern is lit.

To that end I am looking for a measurement device I can leave outside in
various spots in the yard to find the one with the greatest solarity.

The only device I could find is called SunCalc.  You leave out for 12 hours
and it simply tells you whether the spot is appropriate for plants that
require full or partial sun.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Luster-Leaf-SunCalc-Rapitest-Plant-Growth-Gardening-Products-1875/353182264845?epid=24011372456&hash=item523b4dae0d:g:Z6gAAOSwybZfRkQv#rwid

I'd prefer something that records the number of hours of direct sunlight
for a particular spot.  Anyone own one of these, assuming it exists?

Thanks.

 full vs. partial sun