Go to Home Depot or any hardware store.
Buy a bundle of 2 ft long grade stakes.
Drive a grade stake in each location you think you want to mount the solar
panel.
Starting at sunrise.
Every two hours, measure the shadow length of the grade stake, and the
angle.
Enter the reading on a notepad for use later using a pictograph drawing for
each stake.
At sunset, compare the day's readings.

The path with greatest sun exposure will have the shortest shadows.

At sunset