Oldest boy's Focus needs an alternator.

Autozone has three options: Duralast new for $201, Duralast reman for
$151, Valucraft reman $101.

First two have a lifetime warranty, the latter has a one-year warranty.

"Difficult installation" is noted. I have reviewed several YouTube
videos, it seems like a tight fit but otherwise not terrible.

The car is on its last legs mostly due to rust. Every time something
else goes wrong I debate just driving it to the scrapper. However it's
paid for, insurance is cheap, and it still starts and runs very well.

What say you all?