On Sat, September 5, 2020 9:09 pm, Allan Streib via Mercedes wrote:
> I'm at the point in the removal of the alternator where the instructions
> say "lift the alternator up and out" but tight fit is putting it mildly.
> Cannot get it out of the bracket because it hits the intake
> manifold. Curse these engineers who don't make standard maintenance items
> easy to replace! Around here we call it Purdue engineering.

At least my Saturn's alternator sits in front, above the compressor, and
lifts right out after you remove the airbox and tubing. But I accidentally
knocked the belt off the crank pulley and after much time wasted trying to
guide it back on, I ended up taking apart the fender liner, then the belt
went right back on the pulleys when I had decent access to the crank
pulley.