David Brodbeck wrote:
Jim Cathey wrote:
I would appreciate it if one of you can tell me where to find the adhesive used by car manufacturers to glue the clear PE pieces which go between the
door and the door panel.
I use 3M's Spray 77 adhesive.  Works perfectly, and releases easily.

I've heard 77 doesn't hold up well to temperature extremes. I've been specifically warned not to use it on convertible tops for that reason.

Doesn't need to. You don't want a permanent bond. You need to be able to peal it off without tearing or stretching the film next time you need to work on the lock, window mechanism or door check. The inner door panel prevents the film from dropping off once it's attached. The adhesive needs to simply hold the film in place while the inner panel is attached. Rubber cement is quite effective. The 3M 8090 that's used for hood pads would be a VERY poor choice.

Marshall

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)